Bahamas - Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Washy

Reaction score
My wife and I are flying into Nassau as part of an around-the-world stop-off at the beginning of June. From the searches that I have done it seems that Grand Bahama has some dodgy diving, and after being totally unimpressed by Sharm when I was there back in November, I´m keen to avoid crappy and overcrowed diving.

As we´re making our way around the world, budget is a consideration. Therefore I would welcome any suggestions as where we could fine good diving and the costs of accomodation and transit where applicable. Some sort of dive lodge type place would be ideal if it exists on the islands.

Thank you all in advance.

You might check out Stuart Cove's and the Clarion Hotel on the southwest side of New Providence. May be a little more crowded than you like on the dive boats but the it should fit the budget and the diving is okay. Don't miss the shark dive.

I did Stuart cove and Dive Dive Dive. DDD was less crowded and run a lot better. They have small bungalows at the dive shop and do a BBQ at lunch time. The hotel was the pits no towels 1/2 the time poor selection on meals and a attitude when you asked for something, like a towel for your room or pool. I would never do it again.

If you were unimpressed by Sharm el Sheik you'll really be disappointed with Nassau. If time is not a constraint you might cosider hopping over to San Salvador (try www.ridingrock.com). Some of the best Bahamas diving is done from liveaboards, and several of those depart from Nassau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom