Bahamas Reefs that DON'T have algae buildup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A field science program I work for is relocating from Cape Eleuthera to somewhere else in the Bahamas. However we need nice shallow reef sites that DO NOT have infestations of the green network alga, or any other alga for that matter.

So I know south Eleuthera is infested, and I've heard some reports about Andros as well. Anywhere else where this stuff has been encountered, or the reefs are in serious decline? Bimini seems to be okay, but we're not relocating there.

Specifically, I need to hear about the status of the reefs around eastern Andros, and San Salvador. But reports from the other islands I'd love to hear about as well.

archman:
Specifically, I need to hear about the status of the reefs around eastern Andros, and San Salvador. But reports from the other islands I'd love to hear about as well.

Here's a great source: Contact www.nektoncruises.com and ask to be put in touch with any of the DM's aboard the Nekton who have a special bent towards reef ecology- there should be several. You could get a deep range of experience from that crew- they are all long term and keen observers of the environment. Might be just what you're looking for.

Good luck with your efforts!

Back
Top Bottom