Bahamas trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went Diving today with Stuart Coves, very good company, highly reccomend.

As soon as I hit the water not 3 seconds after I was in, a 12ft shark was about 20ft from me. Scared the **** out of me. I stayed cool, he checked me out for a second or two and swam off. I proceeded down about 100ft and checked out some awesome sealife down low. DC-3 is what I dived then, nice plane crash. Went on to later hit the Twin Sisers Dive, 2 large sunken ships. Good time. Dove 2 tanks total.

The Diving has been the saving grace of this island indeed. Rather than come here id reccomend a cruise that stops here and a few other places and just take off for the day to Dive.

Oh yea..Cable Beach is nicer IMO than Paradise Island/

I Dive with Stuarts again tomorrow at 2 new sites, we shall see how it goes.

By the way the people of the Bahamas i general, to us, are extremely rude At least at the Atlantis where we are staying. Complete tourist trap that is HIGHLY overrated.

Dove again with tuarts today. MUCH better Dive. The guys there are really great. We dove Treasure Wreck which was awesome and turned nto a shark dive with over 25 large sharks hanging out around us the entire time. What a rush!

Te only downside was how many people were on board, did't really bug us too much but it was about 21. Only 2 Dive Masters in the water. No biggie but if your a serious newbie that might make you nervous

Thats about it.if anyone has any questions feel free to fire away.

We are heading over to the Atlantis on Thursday...what's up with the rude people there?
How many different dive locations can you dive with Stuart Cove? I signed up for 4-2 tanks dives over the week and don't want to dive the same thing every day.
Thanks for your reports.
Gary

gvhammond:
We are heading over to the Atlantis on Thursday...what's up with the rude people there?
How many different dive locations can you dive with Stuart Cove? I signed up for 4-2 tanks dives over the week and don't want to dive the same thing every day.
Thanks for your reports.
Gary

More than likely you will hit the same spot at least twice if your Diving that much. We only did 4 dives total with them over 2 days and did not hit the same spot but that wqas largely due tot he fact we had the same crew on the boat and we were pretty much the only people that tipped the first day so they seemed to give us a bit more attention the second day and paid attention when we said wew did not want to Dive Dc3 or Twin sisters again.

Definately ask to do Treasure Wreck! It was my fave and alot of Sharks!

Also the David Tucker was my second favorite. Both on our second day of Diving. Huge Wall at David Tucker with a 6500f drop off, felt like I was flying. So cool.

Dont expect super vibrant coral though, that was the one thing that was kinda disappointing, none of the Reef in the Bahamas was super "alive". Not tons of fish either. Sharks and wrecks are where it shines most.

I have to agree with all of your assesments, the diving is fantastic, Stuart Coves is an awesome operator, the diving is the saving grace of the Bahamas, the people are rude on the main islands and nicer on the outer islands, main islands are tourist traps.

The islands are very beautiful above the water in alot of places!

we just got back too....dove once with bahama divers...nice, small op....and the rest with SC...they were great....NICE shop; they even let 4 of us divers use one of their boats...since we were more experienced i suppose...

as for rude people? i didn't think so...quite the opp...people all seem to be really warm....just didn't like the pushy, pushy sales ladies at the straw market......but they gotta make a living.

-dan

deputydan1:
as for rude people? i didn't think so...quite the opp...people all seem to be really warm....just didn't like the pushy, pushy sales ladies at the straw market......but they gotta make a living.

-dan

How long were you on Paradise Island or Atlantis? I think the people on the whole island were VERY rude, we were there for 6 days.

The Cable Beach area etc the people were much nicer, actualy most of Nassau.

we were there for 6 days as well.....
hmm

-dan

Back
Top Bottom