Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Komiker

New
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I will be on the Bahamas in July for 5 days. Not long enough to join one of the Diving Cruises.

We probably stay in Nassau, as this is the easiest Island to reach and our Budget is not unlimited....

My girlfriend would love to try to get the PADI Open Water Certification while I would like to do some dives.

The Packages offered by the Operators are not really smart solutions for us as she needs to do the Certification first and I don't want to dive daily. Packages just make sense if you really go for all the things they offer...

As prices are so high on the Bahamas, may be one of you could recommend a good place to stay and a Dive Operator (Stuart Grove vs. Dive Dive Dive?) where my Girlfriend feels safe and the Instructors are nice (as her English is not that good... we are Swiss).

If you have recommondations for other Islands close to Nassau and good to reach, we are flexible and very open...

Thanks for your help!

Pit

Scubakevdm:
Get your certification done as a refferal. You can do the classwork and pool sessions at home, then do the checkout dives in the Islands.

I second this opinion. No one wants to spend their vacation in a pool or doing homework when they could be diving.

Stuart Cove has a good rep on New Providence (the island where Nassau is located). You probably won't go wrong with them. However, you may want to do a search here on SB to find other threads containing info on Certs or Dive Ops on New Providence for the real scoop.

Have fun!

Scubakevdm:
Get your certification done as a refferal. You can do the classwork and pool sessions at home, then do the checkout dives in the Islands.

A most excellent suggestion!

Agreed with everyone there...do the school work at home. I got cert at Bahama Divers, and had my girlfriend get her cert there last year. I think they are patient, safe and great DM's. Actually all of the shops I've been to were great.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your thoughts... I guess... you are right... my girlfriend just signed in this week for scuba diving classes here back home so we have a little bit more time on the Bahamas and later on in Cuba to explore the beauty of the sea....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom