Baja Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great trip report. I lived in Los Barriles for 5 years (90-95) , pre diving. La Paz was the "trip into town". Part of the reason we left the area was that it was getting to expensive, the second part was the weather wasn't quite "good enought" in the winter. We needed to go over to the mailnland for the winter months. Pepe's dive shop was the place to go diving in the early 90's , and I hear that there are at least two dive operators in the Los Barriles/Buena Vista area now. I think you are right on with spring/fall being the best time to visit. I'am not sure about the hard driving. The "loop" is only 200 miles. The trip out to Los Frailles is where you eat up the time. The winding mountain road is a surprise to everyone. I think you would of enjoyed La Paz more if you had been diving, not a lot of things to do if you have energy to burn. You gave Cabo San Lucas just what it deserves.

thanks again, don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom