Bali Dive Centres & Lcations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ascanio1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I am Italian, I live in Tokyo, I am an Advanced Open Water Diver

with Padi with few dives (25) but Zero under water photography

experience: never shot a single frame! I am also new to this Forum so

I apologise if I ask questions which have already been asked and

replied to.

I am going to Bali this next week and I was wondering if anyone can

reccommend me a good dive Centre and the best Dive locations.

Thank you for you advice and time!

Tommaso

hi Tommaso
There are so many diving choices in Bali and it is quite a large island.
Dive Centres I can vouch for are BaliScuba in Sanur and Tulamben Wreck Divers in Tulamben.
Tulamben (NE of Bali) is highly recommended for its easy diving, varied sites and photo opportunity. If you go with TWD, they can take you to many sites around Tulamben area. Tulamben is also a great place to chill out.
I have gone with BaliScuba primarily for the dives at Nusa Penida (SSW of Bali). Dec may not be the season for mola mola but perhaps you can still see the manta rays at manta point. Careful abt NP though, cos the water temp is much colder (around 20C) than the tropical waters and there are currents.
There is also diving at Menjagan Island (NW of Bali), Padang Bai etc but I have not been.
Perhaps you can do some search and research of past posts and ask again when you have something specific in mind.
Rgds
BC

BCwoo, thank you! I will check out these 2 DC. I appreciate your time and help! Ciao, Tommaso

I've been to Bali five times - it's fantastic. I'll second Tulamben as a great place for beginners. I learned there. Lovina is the base to dive Menjagan Island - check out Spice Dive. Padangbai has plenty of beginner dives too and is a nice place to stay. You don't need reservations in Padangbai. Just show up in the afternoon - there are plenty of dive shops/places to stay. I'd stick with these and maybe Lovina for beginning diving.

Please feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Have fun!

Ascanio1,

With your diving experience, you may try Menjangan, Puri Jati, Tulamben (Bali's most popular dive site), & Blue Lagoon at Padang Bai.

You will need to arrange your trip carefully to avoid long traveling time before & after the diving. Moreover, for safety reason, to avoid the hilly route after your diving.

Will you bring your camera with you? I am a Digital Underwater Photographer Specialties Instructor & I have 4 great spotter as my colleagues so if you plan to take lot of pictures here, I believe we can be very useful :wink:

Send me message if you need assistance to arrange your diving, accommodation or even transfer as well for your next week trip.

Thanks Kathydee

I just arrived in Bali yesterday, and I am in contact with Aquamarine. I will let you know! I appreciated the help!

Tommaso

Dear Tapas,

I tried to get in touch with one Barbara at Aquamarine but she's been unavailable for the past 2 days. I sent her an email and I hope she'll call me tomorrw. Thanks for the help,

Tommaso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom