bali & lombok trip report (aug 15/31)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rusky4u

Reaction score
hi all!

a quick note just to brief you on the wonders of 5 days diving in bali & lombok:

- bali, nusa penida, crystal bay: 2 mola-molas @ 35 mts., awsome visibility.
- lombok, gili`s, shark point: 6 white-tip sharks and 7 turtles., awsome visibility.
- south lombok, the magnet: 30 or more hammer-sharks in ONE dive, 10/12 mts visibility.

5 mm wet suit strongly recommended, the way i see its no place for shorties or 3 mm or less...
the divers i saw diving shorties (or 3/less mm) were freezing at the end of the dive and in the boat...

this is a brief-briefing, in bali you will find some of the best people i`ve ever met, warm and kind as never seen before.

in bali i doved with baliscuba.
in lombok with dream divers.

amazing customer service and dive pro`s!
the dive center will pick up at your hotel and get you back at the end of the day.

diving is a bit expensive (ok, a lot of service and lunch is included...) in both bali & lombok but accomodation is really low-cost but with great quality, awsome value for money!
i managed to spend average 40 usd for high quality boutique hotels.

thank you to the balinese and lombok people and thank u diving pro`s from bali dive and dream divers.

next time you plan hollydays consider bali and lombok, you will not be disapointed!

terima kasih! hope to c u all again soon !!!

cheers! rusky

How luky.As you know, in Portugal, the sea life is very poor.
But you can do beautifull dives,here . If you are living in Lisboa,try the Fonte da Telha dive center. The dives aren't so espectacular as Bali, but the Atlantic Coast has is beatifulls.
If you go to this center, you will find nice people and newones are allways welcome.

Just show up,and have nice dives.

:hi:

hi neve!

i wish i could say that..."I'm off to Bali for the weekend, will be diving Nusa Penida and Tulamben..." !!!!

hope you have/had a great time, nusa penida is so great!

i`ll wait for your posts about how did it go!

if you never doved lombok don`t hesitate to try!

cheers! rusky

hello fellow country-man!

have to disagree with you so far as portuguese underwater richness!

2 weekends ago i doved berlengas and...2 mola-molas!
a really eye-2-eye contact experience!

yes, its not every other tropical paradise but...
...theres a unique richness in every ocean!

thanks for the advise on fonte da telha, doved there only once but looking forward some more "safios" (conger-conger).

i lived in spain during the last years and i`ve just started diving in portugal.
i was pretty impressed with berlengas...maybe the island is a exception..! hope not!!!

best! rusky

Hello Rusky. First of all, I´m a Woman. And we know each other. Only a few days ago I knew that you are the Rusky I know. Remember Berlengas ? I was in the same group.

If you want to know better the bottom , before you dive at F.da Telha, I can send you some fotos taken underwater at a place called Pedra Nova.
Beatifull gregónias,big octopus, etc...

Have a nice day. Cheers!

:)

a small world in did!!!!

guess i`ll c u again since i loved that sunday diving and i hope to dive fonte-da-telha soon!
gotta get used to atlantic and the the dry-suit......and the only way to do it is....diving...!

really funny that i meet you here in asia-scubaboard!!!!

:D

i think i know who u r now!!!

i will gladly take a look at those photos.

thinking about buying a camera...nothing fancy...maybe some advise from u !

ciao!!! rusky

Hello R
Yes a Digital Camera is a great choice. I have done the mistake of buying one that the brand doesn´t have the underwater housing.
So I sell it , and know I'm waiting just to decide between two or three brands. For divers, besides the performance of the camera, the housing is very important. Choose one that goes at least 40mts.
I know two. And now there´s a knew one, that goes 80mts. I have to check this one better. I'm going to send you the fotos from Fonte de Telha.

Luky you. A dry suit. If you remenber, someone trought me out of the boat, like a leaf. He his allways doing that.

=-x

i`m glad you had a good time!

crystal bay is really awsome and i had a good time with bali scuba pro`s!

in my original post i wrote about "not using" nothing less than 5mm wet suit!!!
sorry you got so cold!

diving with ksdc is something anyone can do, or do you have to be "invited" or something?
i think i visited their web when i was looking for info about bali and i sure would love to dive with them in a future trip...i found their dive descriptions really accurate.

next time try lombok, if you never doved there let me know and i`ll brief you.

i`ll drop you a line if i get back to bali in a near future (hhhuuummmm.....i`m day-dreaming!), it would be nice to dive with a dir-f buddy! i would no be the only one with a "weird" gear configuration! :eek:)))

p.s.: neve (in portuguese) is the word for "snow"!

Back
Top Bottom