Balicasag Island: advice for novice diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jands

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I just got my PADI open water, and will go for my advanced Open water this week (mainly for the peak performance buoyancy and night diving), but most of my dives have been training dives, so I do not have a lot of experience, yet.

I booked a trip to the Balicasag Island dive resort in the Philippines a few months ago.
It was meant to be a quick, romantic, 4 day get-away trip for snorkeling and sunset dinners etc., but since then I decided to go for padi quals., so now it has become an unexpected diving trip.

Has anyone been there and have any advice? My web searches show that there is a lot of deep water with steep coral walls.

I know I am not ready for wall diving, yet. So, is it also possible to simply dive above the walls and avoid hovering over the deep blue yonder?

Any dive sites I should avoid, and any that would be acceptable for a beginner?

Last edited:
There is plenty of diving in your OW range in the Balicasag area. You don't have to go the full depths available on each dive site. You will have a divemaster with you for each dive!
You're in for a great time!! :D :D

Balicasag is so nice for diving...the most known dive center in the place is Sea Explorer, Philippines .

Back
Top Bottom