BANGKOK DIVERS: Special Low Dive Prices Starting June 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex-Aquanaut

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Bangkok-based divers! If you're looking for the best deal in dive trips, then Aquanauts Dive Centre in Pattaya is now the place to look.

Aquanauts, a PADI 5-Star Career Development Center, has slashed the price of dive trips, Open Water Diver courses and Discover Scuba Divers for just Bangkok-area residents!

Just how low? So low, we cannot put the price online here. But, to give you a hint, if you've been paying 2,200 baht, 2,400 or 2,500 baht for some broken-down Thai boat with hammock chairs and no creature comforts, then you're now paying too much.

Aquanauts operates Pattaya's best dive boat with all-Western instructors and divemasters, two standard toilets, freshwater showers, padded bench seating and sofas, solid tables to eat and study on, a sundeck and on-board galley with the best food you'll have on a dive boat in Pattaya.

All of this, with 2 dives, tanks and weights (100 tanks and compressor on board) for less than anyone else.

And it's just for BKK Divers!

How do you get the deal? Pickup the latest issue of Bangkok Trader magazine at farang-oriented supermarkets, bookstores and pubs around Bangkok. Bring the ad with you or mention it when booking by calling 038-361-724 (8-6) or by e-mailing us at info@aquanautsdive.com

Hope to see you on the boat soon!

Last edited:
I just read your add in the Bangkok Trader. Attractive pricing. Not all Thai boats are that bad though :shocked2: I hope business picks up for everyone.

if you've been paying 2,200 baht, 2,400 or 2,500 baht for some broken-down Thai boat with hammock chairs and no creature comforts, then you're now paying too much.

All of this, with 2 dives, tanks and weights (100 tanks and compressor on board) for less than anyone else./QUOTE]

Actually, I dive on Thai operated boats and pay 1200bt up to 1400bt. Not broken down and they are actually quite comfortable. NEVER had a problem with bad air, food or service. Always English speaking DMs. No reason any Bangkok based divers can't build a relationship with the numerous Bangkok based Thai diveshops.

There is no need to bash other operators to try and increase your business. In reality, your prices are too high in the first place so it's good to see that you are lowering them. You are clearly outclassed though. They read this crap but don't care to comment or follow your lead...they build relationships. Even at the same prices I would dive with them.

Well said jdfmail I couldn't have put it better myself, not only Aquanauts, all Pattaya shops are grossly overpriced, and many the service provided is certainly not comensurate with their prices. I would chose the Thai boats every time, all we need is a safe boat, weights and cylinders. All the Thai operated boats I have dived from I have received nothing less than excellent value for money, and never had reason for complaint. Quite the contrerary with some of the overpriced operators that promisse you the world, and deliver something quite different to what they promise.
When I want sofas and gourmet cuisine I shall visit a good restaurant.

Whats wrong with local staff? Or eastern staff for that matter?

You are quite right Watboy, nothing at all wrong with them in my mind. My general experience is that they make far better dive guides than your average IDC student / intern.
But then again some might object because I dare say Thai people are not so stupid to pay to work at their dive centre, while they sit on their arses all day just counting the proceeds and drinking.

I recently was in Puckett and was my first time there. I was charged 2200 bat and it seemed fine the boat was a Thi boat was fine not some ol wreck. The food was cheap rice and banana pancakes but was very well done and the food tasted Great. I was very happy with the boat and the staff. I actually was happy to find out that it was a day they were certifying most everyone else on the Boat but me being from Seattle,Hehe got to do three dives with a very nice guide from Australia . It was one of the best Dive experiences of my life and would have paid 2500 bat.The Boat left from Kata beach and I was picked up at my Hotel on time and was returned on time with my bags being carried for me for the most part. I did tip the guide and the people on the boat , Geee thirty dollars US.... All and all 2500 bat was A Deal, I envy all that live there.

I recently was in Puckett and was my first time there. I was charged 2200 bat and it seemed fine the boat was a Thi boat was fine not some ol wreck. The food was cheap rice and banana pancakes but was very well done and the food tasted Great. I was very happy with the boat and the staff. I actually was happy to find out that it was a day they were certifying most everyone else on the Boat but me being from Seattle,Hehe got to do three dives with a very nice guide from Australia . It was one of the best Dive experiences of my life and would have paid 2500 bat.The Boat left from Kata beach and I was picked up at my Hotel on time and was returned on time with my bags being carried for me for the most part. I did tip the guide and the people on the boat , Geee thirty dollars US.... All and all 2500 bat was A Deal, I envy all that live there.

I am not sure what you really paid. Are you saying the boat was 2200 baht and you tipped $30 USD? Or are you saying the total trip plus tip was $30 USD? Or the boat plus your $30 tip was 2500 baht?

Eitherway your numbers do not make sense.

2200 baht = $66 USD
2500 baht = $75 USD
990 baht = $30 USD

Anyway you cut it what you paid is not a low price for a two tank recreational dive even in many places in the USA. When you consider the other normal local costs in Thailand the rate you paid is a tourist or farang rate. I am glad you were happy with your experience and not worried about the amount you paid. Others such as myself like to pay a reasonable but not inflated price given the large amount of diving we do.

Also, if you visit again you might want to spend some additional time understanding the local culture. The area you stayed is not called "Puckett" and the country currency is not called "bat".

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom