Question Banjo fittings for DH.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
it has occurred to me that may pieces of hardware on old regulators were not manufactured specific to a purpose, but repurposed from existing off the shelf components.
I am interested in getting a banjo adapter for my vintage regulators. Does anyone have the specs or part numbers for them? My guess is they were available as parts for some other purpose, like line testing or aircraft mechanics that are sitting around on a shelf to this day. Any thoughts on it?

Don't know the answer to your question, but Alec Peirce currently has a banjo adapter for sale on Ebay. Actually, he might know the answer to your question. Maybe email him? Good luck. M

It wasn't called a banjo fitting initially. The 1969 U.S. Divers Company catalog called it a
"CONVERSION YOKE AND SCREW SEA-DIVE ADAPTER."
"Enables you to use the Sea-Div gauge on any 1967 or earlier Aqua Lung two hose regulators. Fits between regulator and tank valve. No special tools needed to attach.
7018-25 Gauge Adapter.......$ 4.25"

"FOR 1966 OR EARLIER REGULATORS"
1010-74 Conversion Yoke & Screw (for Aquamaster, Royal Aquamaster)....$ 4.25"

They went on with part numbers for all their double hose regulators.

SeaRat

Banjo fitting is actually a generic term form a similarly designed component. My guess is someone realized a banjo pitting used on a hydraulic line or car brake would almost perfectly fit on their tank yoke. If Sam Miller was still around, he would probably give a 1000 words on how it was discovered that rear brakes on a 1954 Desoto was exactly the perfect dimensions to work perfectly…..

Actually, Alec Pierce is selling another banjo type fitting on eBay that has male threads and a compression fitting end that looks like a hydraulic part like on a brake line.

One aspect of the long hose donation that should now be realized is that you are taking a second stage out of someone else's mouth, and putting it into yours. There is a potential to transmit disease through this exchange, like COViD-19. :wink:

I have a regulator set up with the long hose, DIR-style. But it is the original and second generation Calypso second stages, on the original Calypso first stage.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_72.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_72.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 46
  • PGWR0uBARuCbGv3yGEmw7w_thumb_6f.jpg
    PGWR0uBARuCbGv3yGEmw7w_thumb_6f.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom