Barbados - Best Snorkeling Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dierenarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Getting ready to go to Barbados 1st week in March. Will be diving, but both my wife and I love to spend many hours and miles face down exploring snorkeling sites. What are the best spots in Barbados? We'll have a car. Prefer non-tourist areas. Don't mind tricky swimming areas to get to or between sites. Any downloadable GPS maps available?

Koen

PS answered my own question...maps of Caribb available at http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/

Last edited:
Hum still no answers from locals or freq visitors? There is a website that lists different beaches, but I always like to get some personal advice

I'm trying to recall but there are a few but don't expect to see much. We did a snorkel tour of Carlisle Bay with a local dive op with divers. Ok. Got certified on our 2nd trip. The locals have fished everything out with nets and pots, not much to see in the water. Lots topside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Due to current and surf there is not a lot to see close to shore outside marine parks. Carlisle bay has ship wrecks, Folkstone Marine park near Hole town has some reef but waves can be troublesome, the breakwater off Rockley/Accra beach is interesting. I spend most of the time diving though so I am not an expert on snorkelling.
photos here.
Flickr: jeeptrick's Photostream
Anything else, things to do, places to eat, shoot me a pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom