Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingMonkey

Reaction score
I'm leaving for Barbados on the 14th of August and will be there through the 22nd.
I understand that the island is small enough that getting from one side to the other isn't too big of a hassle, so I'm wondering if anyone here has done any diving in any part of the island, and what sites and operators would you recommend?

Thanks muchly

-Monica

Monkey
We dove Barbados several years ago and am having some senior moments on the names of the operations we dove with. There was one operation near the Hilton Hotel that was ok, if you don't mind tiny boats at a large price. The one we were happier with is on St. Lawrence Gap, just a ways down from the Southwinds Beach & Racquet Club. It's a small operation but they ( if they're still there) have a nice sized bout and great divemasters. There's a lot of good wreck diving in Barbados for those who are not wreck certified. Have fun. Watch out though, news report said there's a tropical storm forming off Barbados as I write.
Pam

I just got back yesterday from Barbados yesterday,. Stayed on the west coast and dived with Carib divers out of the ROyal Pavilion & Glitter bAY hotels. Diving was excellent. Lots of healthy reefs and some nice wrecks. Do the Stavronikita if you are qualified (it is deep - we went to 110 ft, bottom is around 130). Usual suspects of tropical fish, good chances of seeing turtles and sea horses. I will do a full report in due course but I would recommend Barbados for diving and sight seeing

Ive been there too but would not recommend the dive ops. A friend of mine was just there and used...The Dive Shop ...and was happy.

Be sure to do the PAMIR....and early in the morning...it is a great dive ..not deep ..lots of bottom time and good swim throughs.

Rent a car as it is easy to drive around....not a mook....a CAR.

Go to Oistins for the fish fry on Friday and Sat nights but do not buy tickets in advance as you get ripped off price wise. Buy the food and pay directly from the vendor.

also do the malibu and gay rum tours and the roots show...great

pm me if you have more questions....

I've actually just put in some reservations through High Tide Watersports...right now I'm signed up for about six dives in all, but I can almost guarantee I'll be adding more once I'm down there : )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom