Bare ATR HD Tech Dry Suit and Aqua Lung 5/3 Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bladephotog

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm selling my Bare dry suit as I've unfortunately gotten to fat to fit in it. It's a medium large short with size 9/10 neoprene socks. I use it with size 10 Converse Chuck Taylor shoes and they fit perfect in an XL Jet fin. I wear a size 9 shoe. I'm 5'7" and this suit fit perfectly when I was in the 165-175 pound range. Here is a link to the Bare size chart. I purchased this suit in 2005 and it has about 200 dives on it.

This suit has an OMS balanced pee valve, built in gators, two thigh pockets and suspenders. But the suit has some issues. It was completely dry on my last dive a few months ago. One wrist seal was replaced last summer and it's a different style from the other, original wrist seal. The neck seal was replaced a couple years ago and the zipper was replaced by Bare under warranty about four years ago. There is a tear in the back that was professionally repaired. I've attached a photo showing the repair. It's dry but could use a touch up with aquaseal.

It's a great suit and dry, but not the prettiest. It'd make a great back up suit or suit for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money. I originally paid $1700 for the suit but since it's kind of ugly I'm selling it for $700 OBO plus shipping. It will come with the dry suit bag.

I'm also selling my Aqua Lung 5/3 wetsuit. It is also a medium large and has maybe 15-20 dives on it. It has a couple nicks on the knee pads but is otherwise perfect. I'll take $100 OBO plus shipping.

I'd still be diving both suits but stress eating from having a four year old and infant twins has forced me into a bigger suit. :)

_MG_9627.jpg

_MG_9634.jpg

_MG_9637.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom