Bare Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
I read in some posts a long time ago that some of you got your Bare dry suit from a dive shop in canada. Also that you paid a lot less money for it than here in the Us. Can someone tell me what that dive shop is called or possably a URL. Thanks!
Tekkie

I was just at Dan's today, in fact, looking at drysuits. DUI and Bares. They seem to like DUI over everything else, including Bares.

wlo93 once bubbled...
I was just at Dan's today, in fact, looking at drysuits. DUI and Bares. They seem to like DUI over everything else, including Bares.

Nice guys over there at Dan's. When I first inquired about buying a Bare suit from them, they gave me a rundown on the prices of the DUI suits as well. The guy I talked to hyped them up a bit and said basically you get what you pay for... the Bare suit is very nice, but it's no DUI. I think I remember this quote from the email.. "The TLS350 will run you about $1199... whereas the Bare ATR HD will be the same price, but in Canadian dollars." :wink:

I received the same reaction from Dan's about DUI. I ultimately ordered my Bare ATR-HD from Dive Source.

DUIs are great suits, but I don't think they are head and shoulders above the Bare suit. Both have automatic torso recall and the Bare suit is tough as nails.

Yes, I've no doubt the DUI is a good suit, but I'm not sure if the others, such as the Bares XCD2 and the ATR HD, are that much lesser in quality given the price differences based on what is said by them?

- jonnythan, so what did you end up getting?

I got the Bare ATR HD and I think it's an awesome suit. It's very tough, fits well, and the telescoping torso is very nice... super easy to get into. I love the zipper cover (my Northern Divers CNX suit didn't have one). I also got the soft socks and wear Rock Boots over them, very nice for the rocky lake and quarry entries around here. I wonder if I should have gotten the ATR Light and saved a little weight and money, but I have the feeling this suit will last me a good long time.

Back
Top Bottom