bare nex-gen drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nessum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello!
I've been renting a Bare Neoprene Drysuit that I don't mind at all. But it's about time I invest in my own equipment & I'm seriously considering the (Bare) Next Gen. For one I know a few people that recommend it (some owned it, some didn't). And it seems relatively economical compared to other options.
Anyone here use it? Any comments?

I've had one for about 1 1/2 years and I gotta say I like being dry. I also like that I didn't spend an arm and a leg to be that way. I simply don't dive in cold water enough to have a Ferrari drysuit. The Chevy does just fine. And the one small problem I had turned out to be a non-issue and was solved very very quickly with an email to Bare.

JohnF

nessum once bubbled...
hello!
I've been renting a Bare Neoprene Drysuit that I don't mind at all. But it's about time I invest in my own equipment & I'm seriously considering the (Bare) Next Gen. For one I know a few people that recommend it (some owned it, some didn't). And it seems relatively economical compared to other options.
Anyone here use it? Any comments?

Its a good entry level suit. I think you'll like it way better than the neoprene's you've been using.
Don't forget the rock boots if you're doing any shore dives.

thanks
Yeah, the price I was quoted included the rock boots, the undergarment & the hood. I'm really looking forward to the rock boots, as I have fairly small feet compared to the monster boots on the rental drysuits.
It appears I've basically made up my mind. When the money comes along (a couple weeks) I'll be a proud owner of a Nex-Gen... just like every second person @ my LDS

nessum once bubbled...
thanks
Yeah, the price I was quoted included the rock boots, the undergarment & the hood. I'm really looking forward to the rock boots, as I have fairly small feet compared to the monster boots on the rental drysuits.
It appears I've basically made up my mind. When the money comes along (a couple weeks) I'll be a proud owner of a Nex-Gen... just like every second person @ my LDS
Well I'm buying one this Friday. After looking at custom CLx450 or an Andy's for around $3000. Its hard to go wrong with a $600 Can purchase. Many friends have had the suit with no problems.

But I am not going to go with the rock boots. I am going to use standard neo boots (maybe 1 size bigger). Softer, Cheaper....

if I could get away without them that'd be dandy, but I like the feel & fit of them. Plus I shore dive, exclusively thus far (doesn't mean I'm not dying to get on a boat, hell I have a boat... something just ain't right) so I'm hoping the boots will make the treks to the beach & through the beach a little more tolerable.
It's funny, I hadn't really considered a drysuit a possibility in the near future due to the price until I was introduced to the next gen (I didn't want a neoprene one).

artw once bubbled...

Where do you get the suit for $600? I assume this is just the suit, no rockboots.
And would they ship to Ottawa.

Art

Local Edmonton Store: Ocean Sports

Look at the "Dutch Auction". $599 if it is in stock $650 if they have to order it (Makes no sense, but anyhoo)

No boots, but I would rather use Wet Suit booties anyways.

And I am sure they would ship anywhere.

Jeff

I'm thinking about picking up one of those also.
Are those prices in Canadian dollars (I would assume)and are there any tarrifs that would apply for a California shipment.
I'm thinking that I might need one of my Canadian relatives (I married into a large Canadian family)do the purchace for me...but I'd rather not.

mech once bubbled...
I'm thinking about picking up one of those also.
Are those prices in Canadian dollars (I would assume)and are there any tarrifs that would apply for a California shipment.
I'm thinking that I might need one of my Canadian relatives (I married into a large Canadian family)do the purchace for me...but I'd rather not.

The price is in Canadian dollars, but you would probably get a better deal from Leisure Pro $475 US

Back
Top Bottom