Bare Nex-Gen or Whites Nexus Drysuit Package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oharag

Reaction score
Any thoughts on which is the better package deal: Bare or Whites? I believe it's possible to purchase a pacakage deal for either drysuit under $1,000. The package deal comes with drysuit (and drysuit bag), thermal underwear and knockoff rock boots. I've doven a drysuit before (DR 905). I was entertaining purchasing a Diving Concepts drysuit, but that will run me around $1,600+ (no rock boots). Anyone have comments or experience with either drysuit?

Thanks,

oharag

I dive the Nex-Gen and it's a great suit. I really enjoy the trek boots too as most of my diving is shore entry, so hiking down to sites can be kinda sketchy in loose fitting boots. I took at look at the whites suit at a show recently and it looks pretty good as well, but I haven't dove it or tried it on yet.

Up here in BC, the Nex-Gen is everywhere.

You won't go wrong with the Bare suit. I've had a Nex-Gen for about 1 year, and it's held up very well over 160+ dives. That's mostly shore diving, and several rescue courses where I was a "victim" being dragged over rocks & gravel. The separate rock boots are also a very good idea - really makes a huge difference over other dry suit boots when climbing over rocks on the way to an entry, and I've also found them better on boat decks & ladders. They also eliminate a frequent failure point in dry suits, which is the boot cracking along the point where it mates with the foot pocket of your fins. Probably more of an issue for rental inventories, but a consideration nonetheless...

If you can spend a bit xtra you can get a DUI TLS or CN for about 1000$ and im sure you can make a deal with your LDS for hood, gloves ect... for only a bit xrta. Also their 7 year warranty is amazing.

I bought the Nex-gen package earlier this year for <$800 with free training. I feel its worth every penny. Great suit and the hood is awesome. I now wear it with my wetsuit too.

I am looking into something similar, an whites nexus vs fusion bullet drycore vs bare nex-gen. All 2xs (i am 5’2) and used. Any recommendations ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom