BARE Sentry Tech Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Capt Jim Wyatt

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Anyone have experience with the Bare Sentry Tech Drysuit?

I have one. I was one of the beta testers, so I abused it for a year, including a bunch of 2-3 hour pool sessions in it with little to no rinsing. Main body of the suit is still in great shape. I probably have 150 hours in it at this point.

I did have to recently replace the the zipper for a sideways tooth, but I'm pretty sure that was from late summer diving in Texas, and having it draped over the side of a truck when it was 105 degrees outside.

I also replaced the latex seals that came with it for a ring system with silicone seals, but that was a preventative measure, the original latex seals were fine at the time.

Only minor complaint is the one-size fits all suspenders are ridiculously long. Im 5'10, 200 lbs and have them cinched up as short as they will go, and they are still too long by a couple inches.

Oh, I have the back zip version, which is the pro rather than the tech.

I have one. I really like mine. It fits comfortability. It is pretty easy with the front zip to get in and out. I got mine with dry gloves, and really like being 98% dry when I am done with a cold water dive. I agree the suspenders are long, I'm 5'11 180 and am able to get them to work normally, but I will need to trim them a little once I get my undergarments squared away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom