BARE suspends production on SB SYSTEM drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 of us bought the SB suit a couple of months ago. 1 of the suits was leaking in the legs, at the seals. It had this "delamantion" problem.
My suit & the other have had no problems. His suit was returned to the dealer, who in turn sentit back to BARE. He most likely, will take a loaner suit & get the next generation SB.
We were told that if all of us wanted to return the suits & pick another suit, that that would fine.
BARE is obviously a very reputable company to make such an offer & stand behind their products...
Anyway.. what Diver0001 said....

Dozen or so dives on mine so far.
No problems yet.

My friend is getting a brand new SB suit, made out of the new improved fabric. He should have by next wek...
I'll let you know how different the fabric is in thickness, stretch, etc... if any....

My Friend got the suit.
the fabric is basically the same. The difference is the I guess the lamination process.
He was told that if your suit looks "wavy" around the seals, the lamination is most likely to fail

Any update on the status of this suit going back into production? Also, for those of you with the SB that tech dive what are you doing for pockets if anything?

Any update on the status of this suit going back into production? Also, for those of you with the SB that tech dive what are you doing for pockets if anything?

I believe that it is back in production.... At least the dive shop, we bought our suits, is still selling them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom