BARE Trilam HD dry vs XCS2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angry Turtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Price not being an issue (between these two) which one would you prefer?

I thought I was set on the XCS2, as I liked the flexibility of the material, the fit, and the added thermal protection over the trilam (albeit small). I just sold my pinnacle black ice which I liked except the fit wasn't perfect.

They had a Trilam HD tech in the shop in my size (someone else's) and I tried it on. It seems to meet my likes of the XCS2, so now I am trying to decide.The suit is to be used for the most part in 68-72 F freshwater in Florida, and 62-72 saltwater to a lesser extent in Florida as well.

Any ideas?

I have the hd tech, its a nice suit, and i have 2 buddys with the xcs2, both of them replaced the hd tech with the new stretchy suit due to delaminating of the hd tech. I would have got the xcs2 if it came in a ladies self entry. We all dive cold water 43f, one of my buddies needs a bit more weight with the neoprene. Have you looked at the newer trilam tech dry? I would have got that over both the tech hd and the xcs2 if it came in a ladies cut, self entry, more flexible then the hd tech and lighter by quite a bit. Both the tech dry and xcs2 have the t zips, the tech dry has the metal zipper.

I have the hd tech, its a nice suit, and i have 2 buddys with the xcs2, both of them replaced the hd tech with the new stretchy suit due to delaminating of the hd tech. I would have got the xcs2 if it came in a ladies self entry. We all dive cold water 43f, one of my buddies needs a bit more weight with the neoprene. Have you looked at the newer trilam tech dry? I would have got that over both the tech hd and the xcs2 if it came in a ladies cut, self entry, more flexible then the hd tech and lighter by quite a bit. Both the tech dry and xcs2 have the t zips, the HD tech dry has the metal zipper.

Added the HD for anyone else reading...

The tech dry is a good amount less expensive than the HD tech dry, but I haven't been able to see one in person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom