BARE Velocity 3mm fullsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Have any of you had experience with the BARE velocity 3mm fullsuit? I dive in the tropics where the water is warm. I'm not very familiar with BARE - what's the reputation of their products?
Thanks for any info you can provide!

The Bare Velocity 3mm suits are very comfortable to dive in warm water up to about 82F, then it gets to be too toasty. I have used Bare suits explicitly for the last 6 years and find them to be comfortable, well made and durable. I own a 3mm, 5mm and 7mm, plus a Bare 5mm hooded vest.

The only time I have seen them fail is when the owner failed to maintain them properly by leaving them in the sun for days on end, crumpling them into a bag for days on end and not cleaning them on a regular basis.

Thanks! The hydrostretch material makes the suit easy to put on, though it feels quite thinner than my usual 3/2 suit (Bodyglove Spider-X). /water here in the Philippines is a bit cold by trtopical standards, but it'll be summer soon so it's definitely warm-water diving :) Appreciate your comment!

Ah, so we're neighbors...just up the ocean a bit. :)

I am so waiting for summer to come back around and warm the ocean up for us. Went diving today and the water temp was 70F, had on my 7mm semi-dri with built in hood (Bare). Was nice and toasty even after 70 minutes when we called the dive due to deteriorating conditions.

The hyperstretch suits are very nice and so flexible, they make wearing them a pleasure. I've had O'Neil and Body Glove suits that didn't hold up as well as the Bare suits have.

The only bad part about summer, is the tropical cyclones. I know every year the PI gets blasted. Hope you are in a good place to avoid a lot of that.

I think they are one the finest wet wuits made! They are exrtremely well designed and comfortable!! And fit alot of different people right off the rack!! I have all of them in varying thickness!

Good Luck

Len

Bought one through Ninja (have fun on Blackbeard's ya lucky dude!) even tho' I was a hardcore Henderson guy. I luv the suit. Easy to put on/take off with the Hydrostretch (bonus if your weight fluctuates) One week of diving is Cozumel and it came through without a hitch, just a little abrasion at the stitches. The Glideskin gaskets did an excellent job of sealing. I noticed the zipper did not go down to your butt because of an expansion panel in the lower back.... only noticed when first trying out but the suit just glided on once broken in. The suit is regular type neoprene so it take close to a day to dry... damm COz was kinda cold once the sun went down! So it's definitely no Goldcore when it comes to drying. Good stuff and nice colour combo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom