Bare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with BARE drysuits?

I am looking into my first drysuit and ma overwhelmed by various manufacturers - DUI, BARE, HARVEY'S, ANDY'S.

I have about $1000 to spend and want a shell suit. What can i get.

Also, is Tri-Lam the way to go vs nylons, etc ?

I don't want a compressed neoprene suit or otherwise. I am seeking a suit that will pack and travel well, when needed, and still be durable for Great Lakes wreck diving. I want a suit that will dry fast.

I have a Bare Tri-Lam Commercial that has been a very good suit. Quality is very good. It is a heavy suit however. Bare has some newer, lighter suits you may want to look at if that is an issue for you, but IMO, they will not wear like the Commercial.

Phil

Andy's has some real nice tri-lam suits at decent prices.

Eric

Mike,

National has been running a special on Whites Dry suits for under a grand. They have been selling a bunch of them. I have compared the Diverite suit to my Andy's and see no dif. including the colors.

chuckrt

I'm still shopping around, but I'm probably going to end up going with the BARE suits. My LDS is big into them, and he's just about sold me over the DUIs specifically for the warrantee that they carry. Not to mention all the BARE suits are custom built for no extra cost [if I remember correctly].

Chuckrt,
Thanks..sounds good! I'll have to go see those guys...

Spectre once bubbled...
I'm still shopping around, but I'm probably going to end up going with the BARE suits. My LDS is big into them, and he's just about sold me over the DUIs specifically for the warrantee that they carry. Not to mention all the BARE suits are custom built for no extra cost [if I remember correctly].

Im not so sure about bare's good warrantee .Shortly after i purchased my suit the clear reflective protective coating over the silver reflectors started to peel off.I notified bare of the problem and they told me they could fix it but it would probably not match the other reflectors.I would also be responsible to take the suit back to my LDS and pay for shipping back to bare.They said they had been having a problem with some of the reflectors peeling off.Thats not exactly what i wanted to hear after spending a small fortune on this suit.

After hearing their song and dance i just peeled the protective coatings off of the refelectors.It doesnt affect the suit performance any.I didnt think it was worth all of the hassle of paying to send it back and then losing it for who knows how long till their done with it.Other than that minor problem the suit has been great and a pleasure to dive in.I just think bare could have done more with the reflector problem than what they offered.

Hmmm,
That don't sound very cool. Drysuits don't come cheap...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom