Barracuda Hotel inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Barracuda is pretty funky. I would never stay there and certainly would not bring my mom. I just stayed at Suites Colonial just off the square. It has an elevator. The rooms are big and comfortable. It includes breakfast at Casa Mexicano. There are plenty of places to eat in a very short walk. I hope you find something appropriate for those four days.

Thanks for all your comments. They reinforce what I was already thinking.

I second what Christi suggested, stayed at Casa Mexicana and Casa Delmar several times and they are nice. We stayed at Casa Mexicana in April for a week, no issue with the escalators. I'd stay home before booking the hotel Barracuda.

That place looks worse every year. Casa Mexicana and hope the escalator is in good working order daily.

Another option would be Villa Blanca just South of Blue Angel . Ground floor rooms have nice double doors out to the garden. Restaurant small pool and a sometimes warm hot tub.
We stayed there for years until extending to months instead of days.
I think you ask for the “premium” rooms

My 1st choice would be the Casa Mexicana BUT the escalator from street level up to the reception area and the level that has elevators up to the other floors is certainly prone to constant breakdowns and maintenance. Virtually every trip we've been there over the past several years that escalator one time or another been out of commission and we have to climb up it. No big deal for me but I'm not 90+ years of age. The Suites Bahia which is a sister hotel to the casa is a block north and has an elevator from the 1st floor up to all the other levels. That seems like a safer bet to me if climbing a non-moving escalator is something that can't be done. Hotel Barracuda? YUCK! No way. It's water front, it's cheap, and there is a reason it's cheap waterfront. I walk past it all the time on my way to the Mega from the Casa but I won't stay there. If I put my mother in that place she'd disown me.

Thanks to all you guys for your input! We booked our first four days at Villablanca and then we will move up the street to Blue Angel

Thanks to all you guys for your input! We booked our first four days at Villablanca and then we will move up the street to Blue Angel

Word of caution, I've stayed at VB several times though it's been 7-8 years since I stayed last, but I remember the walkways being slick as snot and nearly wiping out several times just from the humidity on them. I don't recall now if it was glossy tile or glazed concrete. There is only stairs so be sure to get ground level.

Word of caution, I've stayed at VB several times though it's been 7-8 years since I stayed last, but I remember the walkways being slick as snot and nearly wiping out several times just from the humidity on them. I don't recall now if it was glossy tile or glazed concrete. There is only stairs so be sure to get ground level.
Thanks. We are indeed booked on the ground floor. There are a lot of slick walking surfaces on Cozumel; at one dinner gathering at Casa Mission a couple of years ago, in the rain, three of us took tumbles on the walk from the street to the restaurant and we hadn't even started drinking yet.

Back
Top Bottom