Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scuba Diver 03

I saw a 5ft one for the first time in the wild last week

hehe yeah, they rock. it almost looks like they are always chewing something by the way they breathe. over here there's a site called the playground that's just teeming with those things, unfortunately I can hardly go there. I love how they like to follow divers for a bit to check us out. heh.

I saw 3 of them down in SC two weeks ago feeding on a huge school of small fish. One was like 5 ft or so. It was like watching the discovery channel.

That was just before my buddy's fin broke and we discovered the anchor line had snapped and were left to do a free ascent with 6 ft swells above...but that's another story.

Can Barracuda be any danger to divers, and what about if the a diver trys to spearfishing it? would it attack back?

Hello,

Barracuda can be a formable opponent while spear fishing as if you have shiny objects. There are several stories floating around where one attacked the diver’s regulator. I have tried to lure them in with mirrors with no luck, for photo’s that is.

Ed

barracuda.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom