Basic dimensions of any BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Autolysis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, I'm looking at a gear bag to carry mine and maybe my dad's stuff, and was wondering if I need to pony up double the cash to go from a 22-24" bag to a 26" bag.

All I would need is length and width. I'll be wearing a medium Mares Prestige, and my dad will be in an Oceanic Pro Large if that matters at all.

I can reward with a "thanks.":D

What will you be using the bag for. Toting on a warm water boat or lugging the whole deal to a cooler site?

Excellent, good to new condition, All sorts and sizes from name brand sports bags to luggage $50-$150+ for Ten bucks at Vinnies type stores?

Separate different bags is good. Like bathrooms.

Ohhhhh, the bc.
Either of your lengths are ok and about 16" to 18" width flat?

I would think fin fit more of a consideration.

Bigger with less stuff is better or bigger with the same stuff fits better.

You know.

Last edited:

Not to be a downer but I can get army duffle bags for $20 but guess what...

A drop of sea water on any of the zippers and they rust shut immediately.

I'll be a donkey's uncle if I get another bag with regular zippers. It's gotta be marine brass, huge plastic ones or anything that won't die at the mention of salt water.

Get something that is suitable for dive gear or you'll be taking along a ton of WD40.

SangP

Not to be a downer but I can get army duffle bags for $20 but guess what...

A drop of sea water on any of the zippers and they rust shut immediately.

I'll be a donkey's uncle if I get another bag with regular zippers. It's gotta be marine brass, huge plastic ones or anything that won't die at the mention of salt water.

Get something that is suitable for dive gear or you'll be taking along a ton of WD40.

SangP

the bag I bought has nylon zippers
thus the reason I bought it for my dive gear.

It is a very nice bag and you can't beat the price.:idk:
If they don't have it in stock you can order online and get free shipping with ship to store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom