Basic strobe arm setup for NA-EM5 + Inon S2000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
I've tried searching, but haven't been able to find much advice on what would be a good basic strobe arm setup for a single strobe. If I've overlooked something vital, I'd appreciate a hint in the right direction.

Anyway, I'm slowly building myself an Olympus OM-D system around the Nauticam NA-EM%, and I'd like to start rather modestly on the flash side. Currently, I'm considering one single strobe, an Inon S2000, since it's available wher eI live, not too expensive and not too big and cumbersome. I'm thinking that if I want to expand, I can buy a more powerful strobe as a next step and use the S2000 as the secondary flash in a two-flash system.

My problem is what kind of arm setup to start with. I'm thinking of a single tray - the Nauticam Easitray - with three clamps and two 125mm arms. Would this be a good starting point, or should I consider other alternatives?

I would get the Flexitray over he Easitray - check this video for the long version of why: Nauticam tray - YouTube

I would personally want a bit longer arm, so you can use floats and a lens holder for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom