batteries for Inon Type 3 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I just got a new Z-240 Type 3 strobe to go with my older D-2000. With the new Type 3 strobes Inon says you need to use Sanyo eneloop batteries instead of regular Ni-MH batteries. For those of you using Inon Type 3 strobes what kind of batteries are you using, the eneloop ones or are using regular NI-MH ones? I'm just wondering if Inon is being extra cautious regarding the heat buildup of NI-MH batteries or is it really necessary to us eneloop batteries.

I've never heard of anyone melting a z-240, but I suppose you never know! I'm using the eneloop batteries from Costco with my type III. DIRT CHEAP batts. I love the fact that they hold charge over months. I believe the kit with charger, 4 AA cells, 2 AAA cells, 2 casings for C and D respectively was around CAN$40, and a set of 6 AA and AAA was an additional 25. I don't know if use other batteries in your $700 strobe, seems to me like it could be a case of save 50 bucks on batteries and potentially fry a much more expensive strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom