batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had some energizer rechargeable that worked good enough for about 3 trips. in planning for another trip in a couple months - I pulled them out and gave them a charge - overnight - dead.

Searching and reading amazon reviews was painful, then I found this thread that lead me to the eneloops. Bought 8 and a charger. it was a little challenging to find if the charger was 110-240. which it is. WOOO!

Thanks to all!

Thanks to Bill I have refreshed my knowledge of batteries with the latest on the market
The new Eneloop XX though very promising at 2500 mAh have less duration of the normal eneloop at 500 cycles instead of 1,500
So if you are after the maximum number of flashes from your strobe you will have to sacrifice the overall duration of your battery, the Eneloop XX are guaranteed 75% charge only for one year

All in all right now at least in UK the best battery to get to maximize the number of flashes and the overall duration is the Ansmann maxE 2500
Costs £10.95 for packet of 4 has got two year warranty and costs same or less of a 2850-2900 mAh normal NiMh

When it is going to be time to replace mine those are the batteries I will get

All in all right now at least in UK the best battery to get to maximize the number of flashes and the overall duration is the Ansmann maxE 2500
Costs £10.95 for packet of 4 has got two year warranty and costs same or less of a 2850-2900 mAh normal NiMh
When it is going to be time to replace mine those are the batteries I will get

These are available in the US from Thomas Dist. Sounds promising with an extra 500mA compared to the regular eneloops.
ANSMANN 2500 AA LOW DISCHARGE NIMH

+1 for Eneloops
-1 for Energizers (1 of 8 still charge)

Back
Top Bottom