Battery advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone know what type of battery I need for a Trustfire TR-J1 torch as I don't have the old one . Pretty sure its a 18650 but looking for advice on the battery rating and whether I need a flat or button top? Cheers.

I googled the model and found a few online sellers:
Trustfire TR-J1 CREE XM-T6 900LM Q5 LED Tauchen Taschenlampe: Schwarz - DE - Laserpointerpro
TRUSTFIRE TR-J1 Diving Flashlight 409shop,walkie-talkie,Handheld Transceiver- Radio
TrustFire TR-J1 900 Lumen Diving Flashlight Underwater Scuba Diving Light LED Submarine Torch
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251801512489019.html?gatewayAdapt=idn2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Every single one lists the battery as a single 18650. That being said, I don't own one of these, so you might take it with a grain of salt.

Edit to add: if you happen to be looking for a new light that takes a single 18650 battery, IMHO look no further than the DGX600: DGX Gears 600 BUTTON Handheld Light . I have a few of these, they're great little lights.

If your flashlight is a drop in battery type, then you would need a button top 18650.
They have a protection circuit in them for over charge/discharge , and most important when in use ,short circuit/over current and temperature.
All lithium batteries in use needs some sort of protection. Be it from the battery itself( button top), or from a bms for unprotected lithium batteries (flat top).
Bms are used more for lithium battery packs.

Back
Top Bottom