Battery charger for an Inon Z240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I need to buy a battery charger for Eneloop type 2000 Nmh batteries to power the above.

Does anyone have experience of the Eneloop charger and how long it takes to charge 4batteries ?

My thinking is that I will go out diving in the morning with 4 batteries pick up some new charged batteries for the afternoon and charge the "dead batteries" during the afternoon and the other batteries overnight.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

This is the charger that I use for my Eneloop as well as NiMH. It works great and I have used it in many foreign countries as well. I actually use 2 so I can charge 8 batteries (2 strobes) at one time. You might surf around the site and see if they have an 8 battery model. I highly recommend the 110-240 model if you travel at all. Thomas Dist. is great to deal with.

- Maha MH-C401FS-DC Battery Charger - White Model AA and AAA..

HTH,
Dave

This is the charger that I use for my Eneloop as well as NiMH. It works great and I have used it in many foreign countries as well. I actually use 2 so I can charge 8 batteries (2 strobes) at one time. You might surf around the site and see if they have an 8 battery model. I highly recommend the 110-240 model if you travel at all. Thomas Dist. is great to deal with.

- Maha MH-C401FS-DC Battery Charger - White Model AA and AAA..

HTH,
Dave
Another vote for the white Maha. There is an 8 cell version (thomas distributing) but it is not anywhere near as bulletproof as the 4 cell ones at least in our hands. Get 2 of the 4 cell versions, and you will have some redundancy as well.
Bill

I use the Maha MH-C801D which holds 8 batteries. Fast charge time is about an hour and the slow charge time is about 2 hours. I've had no problems with it. An advantage of the Eneloop batteries is they hold their charge, so you could charge all 8 batteries the night before and be good to go with two sets of 4 the next day. I do see the value of two 4 cell chargers for redundancy on trips though. I usually also bring one of my older 4 cell chargers along for backup.

Another vote for the Maha MH-801D. I like it's rapid charge feature when I'm in a hurry.

Jack

I have used the Maha 801 in the past and have had problems with them on both land and liveaboards where the power was less than clean. Many boats and even some land stations have downconverters that take 220V to 115 V but don't convert the frequency 50Hz to 60Hz and I have had one of the Maha 801s fail the blue smoke test while the 401s were sitting next table over wit no problems. Could have been a bad charger but I won't take the chance again and I really like the redundancy of having two in case something happens
Bill

Back
Top Bottom