Battery or other problem(s) with Aladin Prime/Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maaaarius:
I bought my Aladin Tec from Leisurepro July 25th, and guess what. I have a transparent battery cover with no black dots :(
If this is a known problem, why do they still keep selling computers with a transparent battery cover?

It sounds like I can expect the battery to die fast. What a pity when you spend $$$ on a new watch.

SP knows the problem, so they are launching Tec 2g in EU market already. I was told that EU divers is replacing it with the new 2g through the warranty service. I am not sure when it hits to US market though. It might be after DEMA show....

BUT, I am not sure how it works on your LeisurePro product.

hoosier:
SP knows the problem, so they are launching Tec 2g in EU market already. I was told that EU divers is replacing it with the new 2g through the warranty service.

Nothing on the EU website about this.

They do have a voluntary recall of the X650, but no mention of the Tec 2G replacing the regular Tec yet. As I gathered from the newsletter I got, this is a 2 gas computer, not single gas like the 'old' Tec. I'll check with the shop I got mine from.

We'll see soon...

evil_xander:
Nothing on the EU website about this.

They do have a voluntary recall of the X650, but no mention of the Tec 2G replacing the regular Tec yet. As I gathered from the newsletter I got, this is a 2 gas computer, not single gas like the 'old' Tec. I'll check with the shop I got mine from.

We'll see soon...

"You can download manuals for the 2G in the UK and Spain Scubapro sites, and the latest version of SmartTrak software has been updated to support it."

At least it is going on in Spain.

Guys,

I spoke to the computer guy at SP HQ in CA a few weeks back at 1-800-572-5554

The TEC 2G is available now in the US and can be ordered via your LDS, but was not quoted a MSRP. MSRP on TEC is $542.

He admitted that ALL the previous TEC has a battery AND a physical problem - he did not specify. He says to get the LDS to order a new one from SP to ensure that you are receiving the problem free version if you are purchasing one - do not take the one sitting in the LDS shelf.

I don't understand why people are so reluctant to call SP directly....?

Cheers

ducst4:
I don't understand why people are so reluctant to call SP directly....?

Cheers

Thanks for a good info... So, SP will replace all old one within 2 year warranty period.....?

Because we are being on the board :wink:

Only if your old one breaks down, I guess. I know it sucks, because you don't know when or if your current one will break down.............

This may be useful if anyone out there still has an Aladin Tec within warranty period with battery or infrared communication problems. I sent my computer a few weeks ago to LDS Narwhal (São Paulo-Brazil) and they had it replaced by SP for a brand new Tec 2G. Thanks for the great support Narwhal! Looking forward to trying the Tec 2G on my next dive!

Thank god my tec broke 1 month before the warranty period expired and I too got a Tec 2g.

I understood the Aladin Prime/Tec problem is caused by the bad IR module and affect some of the batches released end 2006 and begining of 2007. They changed the supplier and after that everything was fine.
I got mine in August 2007 and I have more than 50 dives and the battery is going strong. Btw, it have the battery door transparent but never had any issue with it. Hope this help :)

Back
Top Bottom