Battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm thinking about trading down from an 8080 to a 7070, anyone know if the batteries / charger are interchangeable?

Help gratefully received...

Larry

NOt sure but the 5060 to 8080 are :D

I too have considered trading "down" to the 7070. Just can't find anyone that wants to pay me enough for the 8080 and housing to cover the cost of the "downgrade". i guess I will just keep saving my pennies for the D70.

Terry

thepurplehammerhead:
I'm thinking about trading down from an 8080 to a 7070, anyone know if the batteries / charger are interchangeable?

Help gratefully received...

Larry

Why?
What housing do you have, I might be interested in it?

victor:
Why?
What housing do you have, I might be interested in it?

I had the 8080 in the correct housing (PT023) from memory. In a moment of stupidity, I managed to flood it a couple of weeks back (failed to check the clips to the lens port before jumping in - my fault).

The housing is fine and I got some good shots before killing the camera - see below (my faves): -

Sea_horse.JPG

Froggie.JPG

(neither photo edited in any way)

The only problem is that the housing is just HUGE and I need someting a bit more compact, so I'm looking at the 7070 or a Fuji E900. Don't tell anyone, but DSLR is weighing heavy on my mind if I stay with big things...

I'll be deciding over the next week or so, but if I go with the 7070, the housing's up for grabs. If I go DSLR or Fuji, I'll offload the housing, 2 chargers and 4 batteries.

If you're interested, keep in touch and I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Trading down !!!! What an insult to us 7070 owners !! :D

But seriously , the 7070 takes an Oly BLM-1 battery , the same as the 5060 .

Good luck in finding a 7070 at a decent price - I paid $ 409.00 for mine at B&H , I can't even find a 2nd hand one for less than around $ 850.00 now

If you guys do find a source for the 7070 that ships internationally PLEEEEZE let me know - I would really like to buy a backup .They are available on e-bay , but so far can only find sellers that ship to the U.S. and Canada .

Nice Seahorse shot ....where did you shoot that pic ?? Got to really have your macro radar working to spot them a lot of the time.

'Slogger

AndyT:
Good luck in finding a 7070 at a decent price - I paid $ 409.00 for mine at B&H , I can't even find a 2nd hand one for less than around $ 850.00 now

If you guys do find a source for the 7070 that ships internationally PLEEEEZE let me know - I would really like to buy a backup .They are available on e-bay , but so far can only find sellers that ship to the U.S. and Canada .

I agree with AndyT, good luck finding a 7070, let alone finding one at a decent price. Last year I ended up purchasing a 5060 because I could not find a 7070 for less than $900.00.

Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom