Bauer B-Timer flashing on Oceanus. Should l buy it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

estresao

Contributor
Reaction score
HI everyone,

I'm about to buy a second hand year 2017 electric Bauer Oceanus with around 540 hours which (on pictures) seems pretty well maintained and not much usage (at least, it seems pretty clean and unscratched). It's delivered with several spare original filters (which I think is an important detail for my question).

I've observed the B-Timer has the key, A/B and C, and the filter bar flashing, and usage hours and cartridge product number swapping, which make me think there is something wrong. what you think it could be? Could it be because it just need a filter cartridge change or because it was not reset when changed?

The seller claims he had made all oil and filter changes on time. Filters are not an issue because there are several spare ones. Could it be because some non concerning thing like being long time stored or B-Tier just not reset properly?

Thanks!

First thing to try
Fit a new battery in the B timer
Ouch!!!

It could be, the compressornis 6 years old now. I'll try the seller do it.

Problem here is that the compressor is 4 hours far from home and wouldn't like to make the trip ro discover it doesn't worth the money.

Incan buy it for same price of a brand new Bauer Junior II or PE 100 (something in the middle) and my doubt actually is wheter I should buy this used one or a brand new one. It will be for personal usage.

Please, see below a video I've got of it.

Bauer Oceanus

B-Timers are notoriously painful. Battery will be fine, give it a reset first.

Use the up arrow key to scroll through each of the pages. There will be a page for filter capacity, 'a' maintenance, 'b' maintenance and 'c' maintenance.

At each page, hold the enter key for 5 seconds.

Make sure you install a new filter if you reset the filter capacity.

If you can't reset it, the B-Timer is dead. Not a big deal, there's a filter cartridge lifetime tool in Bauer's phone app (B-APP) that you can use instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom