Bauer VT-12 E1 K14 block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bglaess

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a VT-12 E1 compressor, K14 block and P5 securus. I currently just use it for filling my tanks with air and topping off with air for blending nitrox and trimix. It currently has 8700 hrs on it and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with having the 2000 Hr service kit and installation. I think for my own personal use the compressor will last a while, however, I am curious for piece of mind. How much would it cost me to have the compressor completely overhauled compared to just doing the 2000 HR service kit and install? If anyone is in the El Paso, ABQ area are there any places that you would recommend to do the service?

Take it to August Industries. My friend Porter is the best Bauer guy in that part of the country.

I thought about taking it to them but 700 miles is a long drive. It is close for me to go to someplace in New Mexico or Arizona.

There aren't a ton of really good Bauer service guys. Ship it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom