Bay area DIR shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evans

Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend in the bay area (I'm not from around there) who wants to get an open water cert. Can someone recommend a preferably strongly DIR-leaning shop or shops in the area?

What bay area are you talking about? San Fran...., Tampa...., Qualicum...., James.....,

I'll second the motion for ADT, Advanced Diving Technologies. They're a great bunch and definately DIR.

Good luck to your friend.

-Bill

There are a few shops in the Bay Area that are DIR-friendly, the above-mentioned ADT, along with Aquan Sports in San Carlos (www.aquansports.com), and Any Water in San Jose (www.anywater.com).

In my opinion, for the best DIR training in the Bay Area, your friend should turn to the folks at 5thd-x. (www.5thd-x.com) They don't have a store front, but have a full online store and offer a range of classes, from GUE to NAUI, recreational to tech. Quite a few of us Bay Area DIR divers have trained through the instrcutors of 5thd-x.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions, or simply send one of the instructors an email after looking at the site.

Mel

Disclaimer: No connection, just a frequent student/customer.

GDI:
What bay area are you talking about? San Fran...., Tampa...., Qualicum...., James.....,

The Original Bay Area :D

Seems like the term "Bay Area" is a bit overused nowadays... just like the term "Tri State Area"...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom