Bayahibe 2015 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be going in November. Does anyone know which or do all offer smaller group diving? Don't want to get stuck on any more cattle boats. Thanks

I can't speak for the rest of the shops, but other than the snorkeling/diving trip to Catalinita, which was on a larger boat that was mostly snorkelers and 3 divers, all our dives with Scubafun were small groups. They varied from 3 to 5 divers while we were there. I'd venture that the rest of the shops in Bayhibe would be the same - the area does not draw large numbers of divers. The resort based ops like Dressel at the Iberostar are more likely to operate larger vessels.

Great pictures! We are going to the Dominican for the first time, staying at Dreams La Romana. and diving with John.

Hey Have you been yet? Looking at the site and looks good + offering 3 dives a day. Let me know how it went please.

I dove with Scuba Fun and while they have a couple of boats that can hold up to I'm guessing 14 divers, at most we had 6 in a group with the dive master. My son and I did 15 dives with them and on some dives it was just a group of 4 of us.

If you do multiple dives with them, they get to know your skill level and pair you up like divers. Most of our dives lasted 50+ minutes - yes I know most of the dives max out at 60 feet, but they are in no hurry to make you come up if you are an experienced diver. Friendly dive masters - I would recommend.

I had a really good time diving with Scuba fun and can highly recommend them. I had Nick as a DM for the week I dove and he was very enthusiastic and liked his job. One day John and Nick took another diver and me down through the engine room of the St. George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom