Bayahibe DR Divng Op comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstridWilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Staying at Dreams La Romana In DR for 9 nights in June (next Month) . There are 3 of us. One Master diver and 2 open water. My Son (Master) will be diving 7 days. I want to dive 4-5 days and my Husband only wants to do a few one tank afternoon dives and a night dive.
All 3 of us want to do an Island dive trip. Is the Piscina Natural and Saona Island dive trip or Catalina Island dive trip better?. My son wants to do both. I only want to do one. Any one have information?
My Son is leaning towards Scuba Fun, but I am afraid they will over crowd the boats and that we will loose a lot of time getting to and from the resort.
Sharky's offers personalized diving and will lay out a package exactly as we want. But then it is just the 3 of us or sometimes just the 2 of us and my sons wants a little more interaction.
We decided against Scuba Caribe at the resort. Yes it is convenient, but they do not offer night dives and we all want to do one of them and their afternoon dives are only for beginners.
Thoughts, Comments?

I dove with John at Scuba Fun last April and can highly recommend them. They don't over crowd their boats. We are looking to return to Bayahibe this Nov and would dive with Scuba Fun again.

My gf and I are staying at the Dreams La Romana from June 2 - June 9 and are using Scubafun for our dives. When it came to scheduling our dives they were great with answering questions about dive sites and very accommodating when it came to the schedule we wanted to keep. Also the price was excellent. I hope this helps!

Another vote for John and his great staff at Scuba Fun.
They were very responsive to emails before arriving.
Will also send a cab to pick you up from reception at the hotel and return you, at their cost. We just tipped the driver. It's a 10 minute ride if that from Dreams.
Did the Catalina excursion, probably my least favorite dives while there, but the food and a massage on the beach was great. You might email John ahead of time and see if he is willing to take you on a tour of the St.Georges engine room.
Favourite dives were on the penons, but there are lots of diverse dive sites in between.
Tip: scooping some ice out of the drinking water container to chill your libre on the way back, improves them greatly :cheers:

Last edited:
I'll give another plug for ScubaFun. John will take care of you. I did like the Catalina Island excursion.

Billy

A little late but:
The 3 of us spent the first few days diving. We dove with Scuba Fun in Bayahibe. They were awesome to dive with. My favorite dive was on Father’s day Sunday when we did a late afternoon dive on the St. George Wreck followed by a night dive. The evening was heading into twilight so the wreck being deep (130 feet down) was in deep blue waters and kinda creepy. Lots of fish around the chimney and in every port hole. It was very fun. With the exception of our Hawaiian Manta Ray dive the night dive in the Viva Shallows that followed was my husband’s first real night dive.

Monday we took an amazing day trip to Saona Island. We first snorkeled with the snorkelers on board our catamaran and then dove the Atlantic Princess Wreck, followed by Naua Reef. We then had lunch on the island, which everyone loved and then a trip to the natural swimming lagoon were they gave us rum & coke and beer. This may have been my husband’s undoing as we was sick the rest of the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom