Bayonet-type mounts for wet lenses. How many are there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_and_video_Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anybody direct me to a primer or thread that lists and explains differences/compatibilities for all the different Bayonet-type mounts for wet lenses? I am super confused trying to figure this out.

Thanks.

There aren't really any compatibilities, each manufacturer that offers a bayonet mount for their wet lenses has their own. Off the top of my head, I'm aware of three - Nauticam (Bayonet Mount II), AOI (QRS) and Inon (older LD and newer XD). While adapters to M52 and/or M67 threading on both ends (housing and lens) are usually offered, compatibility is not universal - for example, the Nauticam M67 port to bayonet mount adapter has its threading on the inside of a narrow groove, so the port must have a narrow lip to fit inside it - see for example photos here: N100 Flat Port 45 with Focus Knob - and if the port has a wide front flange, such as SeaFrogs flat ports, or Sony's own RX100 series housing, then it will not fit. Likewise, the lens side may have physical features that interfere with mounting it inside an adapter. In general, if you're looking to use a bayonet mount system, it's best to stay strictly within your manufacturer's compatibility charts - deviating from them might work, but has a high chance of failing, or requiring physical modifications to your hardware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom