BC for DIR question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep_6:
I'm just finding it hard to imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have a stainless or aluminum backplate on your back.
They only look uncomfortable. a BP&Wing is the most comfortable BC I've ever owned.

Roak

artcumming76:
Have your lift bag clipped off to your rear crotch strap d-ring, then push it up into the storage pack. The bag is then sandwiched between your back and the plate and will not go anywhere. To get at it during the dive, simply reach to your rear d-ring and pull it out.

Art, thanks. This sounds logical.

I have to agree. I recently switched to a BP/Wing from a more conventional BC set up. I find that the BP keeps my rig glued to me. After a while you feel like its a part of you. I've managed to eliminate any weight shift/tank shift, a real increase in stability. My rig is not DIR compliant, becasue I have the dive rite trek wing and delux harness (it has a quick release buckle, a chest strap and a crotch strap buckle). I've also used the Halcyon Pioneer which I really liked.

Bill Ferrell

I'm not DIR, but I think I'm "heading that way."

I spent all weekend diving in a Halcyon backplate, with only a reef shirt for protection. I loosened my straps up a bit thinking it would be uncomfortable without any neoprene to cushion the plate. After every dive I tightened them up a bit, and found that the rig only gets more comfortable the tighter you get it (to a point).

For a secure system, you can't beat a five-point harness. My buddy's rental BC didn't hold together for ****, and his tank was floating all over the place behind him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom