BC Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know anything about this product, but I can tell you a story . . . we tested a transmitting device for a company a while back. It failed. It turned out that my husband's air consumption rate was simply lower than anything the company had envisioned a diver could have, so the transmitter turned off because it thought he was done diving. If such a device could be set for what air consumption rate it would use as a trigger, it might be better than nothing . . . but to need it, you have to have quit breathing AND lost your buddy. That's a lot of really bad things to happen on a single dive. If you are a habitual solo diver, it might pencil out better.

There was a thread awhile back about this nightmare of a device. First of all I would not want anything like it. A good buddy is a better option. Even diving solo I would not want to take the chance that it failed and started adding air to my BC without my having any say in the matter. I do not remember the name but it was an Israeli mfg I think. Even if I did know I doubt I'd send anyone to it.

Yes...

---------- Post added May 25th, 2013 at 12:45 AM ----------

I think it's called DiverGuard, and it looks to generally be an excellent way to bend, embolize, and/or kill yourself. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accessories/439600-diverguard-real.html

My real world review is this: if, being a trained diver who has viewed the DiverGuard video, you have seriously entertained the thought that this might be a good idea, please never dive again. TYIA.

and yes.

---------- Post added May 25th, 2013 at 12:46 AM ----------

I think it's called DiverGuard, and it looks to generally be an excellent way to bend, embolize, and/or kill yourself. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accessories/439600-diverguard-real.html

My real world review is this: if, being a trained diver who has viewed the DiverGuard video, you have seriously entertained the thought that this might be a good idea, please never dive again. TYIA.

and yes.

First, I have not mislead you or anyone of my experience nor do I need to prove to you of its validly. As for your measuring statement I thought you had to have one to go down that road . My initial quiry was if anyone had hands on experience with this device. Its clear you have not, however you have cast judgement on it without grounds. Therefore I'll cast you opinion to the wind and wait for real evaluations to follow. I don't endorse this product or bash it with out having some real world testing. Yes you're correct its like any man made piece of equipment, it can fail and yes it could cause an unwanted accent, but so could your BCD. The guidelines on a parachute can tangle and cost you your life too, but I'm not jumping out of a plane w/o one. Every new idea must stand up to ridicule and only time will tell whether this device is a success or not. So your opinion has been expressed for what its worth, which is not much since you've never used one. So if measuring your prick is your thing then go right ahead, hope your not disappointed.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom