BCD Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montyb

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All:
After diving for years with all that lead around my waist I finally upgraded to a seaquest cpro qd. I was wondering how you care for your integrated weight bc. I'm sure you don't store your bc with the weight in it..what about the trim weights do you remove them each time. what about the weight pouches. Do you remove the weights and wash or leave them in and wash.

Help me out friends.

montyb:
Hi All:
After diving for years with all that lead around my waist I finally upgraded to a seaquest cpro qd. I was wondering how you care for your integrated weight bc. I'm sure you don't store your bc with the weight in it..what about the trim weights do you remove them each time. what about the weight pouches. Do you remove the weights and wash or leave them in and wash.

Help me out friends.

When I had a WI BC, I'd drop it into the dunk tank with the weights in for a soak (so it'd sink) then I'd always ALWAYS take them out for storage and transport.

Don't leave them in except when you're on your way into or back from the water.

K

I always take the weight out of the pouches to rinse and dry, then store the weight back in the pouches, but not in the bc. The trim weights are the last thing in when gearing up, and the first thing out, since they tend to make everything attached to the tank/bc fall over.

xSandman3:
I always take the weight out of the pouches to rinse and dry, then store the weight back in the pouches, but not in the bc. The trim weights are the last thing in when gearing up, and the first thing out, since they tend to make everything attached to the tank/bc fall over.
Ditto :wink:

I just permanently leave two 1 pound trim weights in the back shoulder trim pockets of my Seaquest Pro QD. Hard weights in one BC, soft weights in a second one. The weights get rinsed with the rest of the BC. No problem.

I do remove weight from the waist pouches and store that separately.

Obviously, if you had a lot of trim weight, removing it would make handling your gear easier.

what do you have...the velcro....or the snaps?

I remove weights and pockets after dives, rinse it all, and dry it. Quite often I store the weight pockets in my weight bag. (if you do this, don't forget the weight bag :11: ).

Also as an example, tomorrow I am going diving. Tonight as I am preparing, I went ahead and put my weight in the pockets, so they will be all ready to go in the morning.

Juls

I remove the trim weights and weight pockets before cleaning, but leave the weights in the snap-in pockets between dives....takes a little tension off the D-ring and the wall hook when I hang it up to dry.

Back
Top Bottom