BCD with trim pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kroger_

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got open water certified and am looking to buy gear. I see that some of the cheaper jacket style BCD’s will just have the integrated weight clips but no trim pouches on the back by the tank like some of the more expensive ones. I didn’t use the trim pockets in the OW class, so I’m wondering if it is needed to pay the extra money to have them

Trim pockets are typically added to a bcd. DGX sells some affordable ones.
You might look at their wing/plate combo too if you're in the market for a bcd. It is cheaper than some of the jacket-style BCDs.

I second the plate and wing. Even then I use trim pockets on occasion. Are they worth it? Personally I like to be as flat as possible.

The Zeagle Stiletto has trim pockets, which I use. Someone here had one for sale this week for $125 in reportedly good condition; mine is 12 years old and looks like new after several hundred dives.

Back
Top Bottom