BCD or Wing or both???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totterfield

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i am soon going to be investing in twin 12Lt tanks
:) anyway before i do that i need some advice, do i buy a good BCD that will take twin tanks like the buddy Rnager TD, or do i need to buy a BCD and a wing as well or is it just a wing??? also how do the twin tanks attach to the BCD or the wing?? thanks Tom

If you change from singles to doubles a lot you should consider a BC that is easily configurable to your needs. The above mentioned Transpak II from Dive Rite would be my first choice, too. OMS makes a similar system. Due to their modular nature you can use singles or doubles, add backplates (to the vest, rather than use it with a harness), add weight pouches or pockets as needed. As 12 ltr. tanks are pretty large, I'd use a backplate, as it is more stable. The backplate slides between the vest and the pad, making it more confortable than just a metal plate by itself. Although a personal preference, I wouldn't use twins with jacket style bcs, twins are massive and balance better with wings. If you use a backplate, the tanks are bolted to it with two screws. From My experience, Dive Rite has fantastic service.

Yes the transpac II looks like a really good wing but very expensive though. my budget is a bit less than that, well does any one know if the CUSTOM DIVERS TBK SPORTS WING DOUBLE BLADDER is any good, look like a good wing at a reasonable price as well???? cheers

Back
Top Bottom