BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trim involves both pitch (head up or horizontal trim) and roll, the problem you're experiencing. You're rolling because the center of gravity is too close to your spine, & you need it nearer to your belly.

You have 6#s plus the tank on your back, outside of your body creating torque. Compensate by rotating your weights forward towards your belly or at least froward of your hip bone so the center of weighting is nearer to the centerline of your body.

There's both art and science in using your ballast to assist in maintaining desired trim. With practice you'll learn to slide weight up and down to adjust pitch, and front to back to adjust roll.

It's like riding a bike, once you have the principle down you'll do it without thinking.

Last edited:
I would try both the transpac and the bp/w both are great.
The transpac is adjustable right so it is easier to get on and off? One thing i learned about backplates was that you have to be pretty flexible to get them on and off. but i thought i read the transpac had adjustable straps.

One thing i learned about backplates was that you have to be pretty flexible to get them on and off.

Not really. It just takes time to get the straps adjusted correctly. I just let mine out today another couple of inches on each side. Getting in and out, just fold my arm and then tuck it through. I was able to get in and out ok, but thought a couple inches more room would make things better. That is the nice thing about a bp/w you can tweek it a little here and a little there to get a completely custom fit.

I am not a very flexible person.

In a jacket try the Oceanic Probe. In a back inflate a Hollis ATS are for lite wgt the Oceanic Islander2. For a true wing and back plate try OMS or Dive right. One are more of these you'll find you'll like.

and
Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom