Be mindful of bees...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric the half-a-bee!

I looked at the map where the cemetery is located. Interesting that it isn’t all that far from the boat harbor where the SCC boats I believe are kept.

Crazy story! I've never heard or seen anything like this - but I'll admit, it would freak me out. I get squirrely with ONE bee swarming around.

it is 5k/3 miles away from SCC It is all the way at the end of the road that goes from the cruise ship pier to 65th - and it is past 65th

I honestly can't remember if SCC keeps their boats in Fonatur or in Puerto Abrigo. If Fonatur, they are 3k away, if Puerto Abrigo 9k/6miles

upload_2018-5-2_5-49-23.png

He died alarife attacked by bees

COZUMEL, May 1 .- He died at the General Hospital, the sexagenarian that last Sunday was stung by hundreds of bees, at the time he was doing masonry work inside the pantheon Mansión de Paz.
As you remember that last Sunday at noon, about 30 people who came to deposit flowers to a vault, were attacked by Africanized bees inside the aforementioned cemetery, where the despair of people made them run about 200 meters and that Dagoberto TM , of 68 years, managed to leave until the central camellón.
Who due to the strong bites and the poison fluid of hundreds of bees that surrounded him and that got into his mouth and nose lost consciousness, and after the intervention of the firemen, was uploaded to one of the four ambulances that arrived to help people and then taken to the emergency room of the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS), as the nearest clinic for emergency care.
Unfortunately, the struggle he sustained against death was useless, because the sexagenarian lost his life in the course of the night of this past Monday at the General Hospital where he was subsequently channeled, and being buried in the same pantheon where he served as a mason and precisely, where he was attacked by insects.
It is worth mentioning that since last Sunday, the swarms were reported to the fire station, being the first attack last Friday to some people, and despite the fact that the firefighters with some beekeepers rescued the bees to be taken to the honey reproduction area. , unfortunately, this fact occurred that left mourning among the family of Dagoberto RM

Crazy story! I've never heard or seen anything like this - but I'll admit, it would freak me out. I get squirrely with ONE bee swarming around.

it is 5k/3 miles away from SCC It is all the way at the end of the road that goes from the cruise ship pier to 65th - and it is past 65th

I honestly can't remember if SCC keeps their boats in Fonatur or in Puerto Abrigo. If Fonatur, they are 3k away, if Puerto Abrigo 9k/6miles

View attachment 457806

The swarm settled on the SCC Reefstar at sea.. Completely random event. I agree - I've worked with bees but the environment made it surreal and quite scary.

Yikes. I don't like getting stung by bees and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like dying either. Are bee swarms a regular thing to deal with in Coz now or is this just a series of repeated similar incidents that I should ignore? If it's the former, how do you even deal with a swarm of bees? Aqua-Net Hairspray + Bic Lighter?

This is the first noteworthy report of serious bee stings that I am aware of since 1992.

Dave

PSS SCC keeps many, if not all boats in Puerto Abrigo way to the north of this event.

This is the first noteworthy report of serious bee stings that I am aware of since 1992.

Dave

PSS SCC keeps many, if not all boats in Puerto Abrigo way to the north of this event.
Didn't El Graduado (did I spell that right?) get attacked by bees a couple of years ago?

I think that you could be right...

Google only comes up with a news article from 2015.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom