Be on the look out for Spotted Dolphins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Be on the look out for spotted dolphins. They have been spotted in the Lauderdale and Miami area lately. We were beach diving in LBTS on saturday and were lucky to have a pod of them swim right up to us. There were about 7-10 of them in the pod and wed like to hear of any reports of them. We took some pics and are waiting for them to see how they turned out. We will post them when we get them.
Captain Jeff of south florida diving headquarters said they saw some too.
www.southfloridadiving.com good luck and let us know if you see them.

Where did you go out from? We saw them, but weren't in the water yet and missed them.

we went out just before you got there. We met marvel at the beach before she met you at the boat. right in front of windjammer hotel. you guys should of came with us.
I took some pics and I should have them back today.. ill post them if they turn out.

Actaully, I was diving from Marvels house. We saw some divers gearing up and heading out when the dolphins swam by.
BTW, I had an awesome dive. Saw a sailfin blenny who was not shy. Put on quite the display for about 5 minutes!

reefsavers.org:
Be on the look out for spotted dolphins. They have been spotted in the Lauderdale and Miami area lately. We were beach diving in LBTS on saturday and were lucky to have a pod of them swim right up to us. There were about 7-10 of them in the pod and wed like to hear of any reports of them. We took some pics and are waiting for them to see how they turned out. We will post them when we get them.
Captain Jeff of south florida diving headquarters said they saw some too.
www.southfloridadiving.com good luck and let us know if you see them.

I was diving offshore GA a while back and saw a pod of spotted dolphins.. we turned the boat towards them and stopped.. they were curious so they swam around the boat and we jumped in.. it was really cool watching them, after about 3-4 mins they left..

they were going somewhere and all they did was swim by and make a few clicks and off they went, North under the anglin pier. It was awesome and Id recommend going there again for a second look. I wish I could.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom