Beach Dive in Fort Lauderdale, Saturday Nov 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver:
I had a nice time today!

Michael, thanks for setting this up! Rick, thanks for keeping us all together! Scott, thanks for driving FOUR HOURS to buddy with me for both dives! And Vino, congratulations on your certification!!!

I had a great time Debby. This dive site is quite nice, despite the swim. I see you went after the one that got away on the 1st dive and you got it...nice going!!! Did you guys make it to the drop off again on the 2nd dive? I have a feeling that if this reef structure is similar to the reef structure at Vista Park, the 2nd reef is not too far from the drop off. Maybe next time we can try and scoot on over to it.

Michael, thanks for setting this one up and please give Vino my congratulations!! She is already a very good diver, I can only imagine how much better she will be with a few more dives under her weight belt. You must be proud.

Talk later!!

Rick, thanks for coming down and diving with us! We did not go to the dropoff on the second dive because I felt that the coral head area was so beautiful and closer in. We need to do this again, soon!

Scubaguy62:
I had a great time Debby. This dive site is quite nice, despite the swim. I see you went after the one that got away on the 1st dive and you got it...nice going!!! Did you guys make it to the drop off again on the 2nd dive? I have a feeling that if this reef structure is similar to the reef structure at Vista Park, the 2nd reef is not too far from the drop off. Maybe next time we can try and scoot on over to it.

Michael, thanks for setting this one up and please give Vino my congratulations!! She is already a very good diver, I can only imagine how much better she will be with a few more dives under her weight belt. You must be proud.

Talk later!!

Thanks! :)

Yeah she really has gotten good pretty fast. I've worked with her on her skills before and during the classes and taken her on a few dives, (like this one), before she has completed her last check dives the next day. She was so convinced that she wasn't really a water baby and that it wouldn't work out for her, and yet she really has taken to it in a big way. It's great to have a dive buddy here at home ready to go any time!

The dive was great fun, despite the long swim back, the water was so calm it was no big deal.

See you all again soon I hope!! I will let you know how the diving was in Panama after I get back on Sunday. :14:

P.S. I may have the use of a friend's boat on the first weekend in december. Anyone want to dive the wrecks off of Sunny Isles with us?

The Concepcion, a 165 foot freighter about 67' down, and the C-One, a 120 foot Navy tug about 65' down.

I could pick everybody up at the gas dock in Haulover, right near Solo on The Bay, and then we could go out the Haulover inlet. I figure that I can take 3 others max with all their gear, besides Vino and I.

(This all depends on seas, but not having to fight your way out through surf makes our options much greater. I have no problem diving in 3 to 5' seas off of a boat.)

Sperbonzo:
P.S. I may have the use of a friend's boat on the first weekend in december. Anyone want to dive the wrecks off of Sunny Isles with us?

The Concepcion, a 165 foot freighter about 67' down, and the C-One, a 120 foot Navy tug about 65' down.

I could pick everybody up at the gas dock in Haulover, right near Solo on The Bay, and then we could go out the Haulover inlet. I figure that I can take 3 others max with all their gear, besides Vino and I.

(This all depends on seas, but not having to fight your way out through surf makes our options much greater. I have no problem diving in 3 to 5' seas off of a boat.)

I might bug you for a round.. btw did you get my VM?

Sperbonzo:

I might very well be up for this as well. I'm also trying to get to the Dive Expo in West Palm, which is on that weekend as well, so I'd appreciate if you can post the date as soon as you know.

Thanks Michael!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom