Beachcomber Villas Bonaire - questions! (Hamlet Resort)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crystal A.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello!

We are planning a trip for my 50th birthday and even though it is astronomically out of our price range, I haven't been able to find anything as perfect as the Beachcomber Villas at Hamlet Resort. Review after review raves about the owners, but I think they must have sold it recently? Not that it matters to me who owns it, I am just confused that names are not matching up. Has anyone stayed here recently who can share their experience? I can't imagine it being anything but extraordinary, but given our original budget I cannot afford to make any errors. I cannot for the life of me find many pictures of unit 2, but unit 1 looks fantastic.

Thank you for any assistance or guidance!

I may have just answered part of my own question, but still very eager for any input on recent stays and also more about the differences between the two apartments.

Beachcomber Villas Bonaire

Yes, Tim and Leanne sold BCV to a Dutch couple. We are staying with them for a 3 week visit over New Years and look forward to meeting the new owners. I really do not expect many changes, but my wife and I will miss the morning chats with Tim & Leanne over the box of our pickup truck before we head out to dive and enjoying a Polar on the patio at sunset.
In our previous two visits we rented the larger two bed apartment, but this time we have the smaller one bed apartment because Leanne gave us a good deal when I whined about how bad the Canadian dollar was. :)
We have seen the smaller apartment and I am sure it will be fine.
Sadly, Leanne lost Tim in August after a brave fight against cancer. Rest in peace Tim and thanks for the great memories.

Thank you Reidkon, that is heartbreaking :(

The new owners have been incredibly responsive and i'm glad to verify why the names are different.

Single most important feature to me is the view, after that a place to organize various camera equipment etc (ie 2 beds works great for laying stuff out). Would you say of the two units that Apartment 1 has the best view? It's the picture of the table in the corner of the kitchen looking out over the water that stole my heart.

Thank you for helping me, I hope you have a fantastic visit!

That is what we liked about having two beds. We used one bed to store all of our camera equipment and the other to sleep on.
The view is probably a little better from apartment 1 if you are sitting at the table. The apartments share the large patio and when you are sitting outside the view is the same from both.
There is also a large ground level room to store and dry your dive gear, and a rinse tank which we rarely used as it is easier to rinse everything at Dive Friends when dropping off empty tanks. We rinse everything at Dive Friends, hang it up to drip for a few minutes and have a Polar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom