Becoming a TSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachegirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, how do you become a Texas Swamp Diver? Do I need to muck around in a great Texas 0' vis lake/pond? Or does mucking around with another swamper make you one :wink:

Pretty easy to get your TSD cert in Austin.
Plenty of much and Swampers here.

Although you'll have to put up with all the longhorn fans. :D

There IS a boat ride this Wed eve that would get you qualified ... and at only $25 for a two tank dive it's a pretty cheap way to get wet. The dive operation is Lake Travis Scuba and the owner operator is Robert Weiss. So far it's K-valve (the guy who did all the great work on the DIMWIT shirts) and me signed up, but you're welcome to join us ... on all accounts. You'd get your cert and a great night out diving Lake Travis.

Pretty easy to get your TSD cert in Austin.
Plenty of much and Swampers here.

Although you'll have to put up with all the longhorn fans. :D

I would think they would be kind of quiet now...

Sounds like fun, but I'm unavailable this Wednesday... is there another day??

Sounds like fun, but I'm unavailable this Wednesday... is there another day??

Lake Travis Scuba has charters going out all the time. Best bet is to submit a reservation when you know your going to be in town. &/or put up a post when your going to make it down to Austin and see who's available.

Are you kidding? Every team...except for the 1972 Dolphins...has an off night. Texas will still win the Big 12 South and still have a shot at the national title. The rest of their season is a cake walk after getting off a four game run at Top 10 teams. Let's see how Tech fares against OSU and OU over the next two weeks. If they win those games I'll be a believer, but not until then. :wink:
I would think they would be kind of quiet now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom