Before you take your open water course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair of split fins currently, they are amazing. lots of hate about them. to take away control, you get more speed.
splits are good for surface swim and i dont have a problem with them at depth.... I can seem to control myself pretty well at depth.

i recently started learning to frog kick and I have to give up my splitties, tried doing some frog kicks on a dive with turtle fins, i found i had way more control, i could spin around easier, remain still with very minor leg movements and be able to adjust position quicker.

I have both, but I'm not really sure which is better. I know that in timed pool swims, I'm faster in splits. That part I have experienced myself numerous times. I know splits "feel" weird when doing helo turns and frog kicks, but at least for me, they still work. I know if I want a better leg workout I wear paddles. I know some of the tech type loves their paddles.

Does anyone have any empirical data on the whole black mask versus clear mask debate?

Slonda;
Lets try this again, after having read this through to the end, I believe that I took it for what you intended. I myself took diver training in the winter of 1967-68. however I never learned to swim. though I could skin dive just fine. Therefore no certification. Being 18yr old, I side stepped the rules. I bought all my equip. including my own Compressor. I dove for a couple years like that. Now 40 years later I would like to get back to it. I still can't swim, but realize the importance of it. I thought of your site as a valuable tool in preparation for my upcoming Certification. I understood it to be a recommendation, exceeding the regulations. Aparently, some don't. I had considered the PADI snorkel exemption (which I could easily do), but learning to swim well seems a more intelligent solution. Also I feel more comfortable with the local NAUI instructor.
I think your site is well put together.

I started reading this because of your posts at the VDH forum, Good Job

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom