Beginner Regulator Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . .

I might check out the HOG regulators, . . . .

DeepSix has the same philosophy that regs should be user-serviceable as HOG. Not surprising, as the same guy who founded HOG went on to found DeepSix. Check out the threads in which DeepSix regs are discussed. I have HOG and am coveting the DeepSix. It's very satisfying to service your own regs.

I may have to wait until I find a diver who is upgrading and selling his HOG or DeepSix regs, as I don't have it in the budget at the moment. :)

I might check out the HOG regulators, and the TDI class sounds good, but not sure I could find it in Maine. SDI/TDI used to be based in Maine, and I had visited their offices once before

Aqua Diving Academy in Portland Maine is still an SDI/TDI shop, and they have two very very good reg techs working in the back. Ask them what they can do to help you out.

I had seen references to those books, and was wondering if there is a good (cheap) source for them.

And, you may be correct that the extra time, effort, and hassle isn't worth the DIY aspect. I am trying to learn more so I can have a basis for deciding.

Thanks!

Message me, I can help.

Yeah I didn't think about the DeepSix because I've never seen one in person. I have a few HOGs, but I started working at a Scubapro dealership so I only dive Scubapro regs now. The nice thing about DeepSix for the DIYer is that you can download the service manual right from their website. You can get HOG service kits anywhere, but you have to do the course to get the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom